Must have will power! | Kylea & Company: Must have will power!
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Must have will power!

If there is one thing that you should know about me, it's that I know how to spend. Because let's face it, I live by the mantra of Carrie Bradshaw:
Except my closet is my entire house, and mostly made up of electronic items, furniture, and THEN clothes. I do actually have a ton of clothes.  
And these last few weeks have been rough on me! This girl got her tax returns back and has been trying her hardest not to spend it all! But then the miracle known as Blogcation magically appeared. 
And now I save.
And avoid my favorite stores like the black plague. 
And take my little brother shopping with me at Walmart, partially to use his discount and then he is good at talking me out of stuff. Plus it's Walmart, and I only shop there out of desperation and the need for dog food. 
 Although here are the top 5 things I almost spent it on. 

1) A trip to Target:
 Let me just say, I do not leave Target with a total under $50. EVER! I buy the most random stuff, and always buy things that I do not need. ALWAYS! Target is pretty much my form of crack. This e-card is pretty much the entire truth. 
2) A new iPad or Kindle Fire HDX: 
This one was hard, yet easy to talk myself out of. I really, REALLY want a new iPad mini, and the Kindle Fire HDX was looking so pretty as well. I literally watched 20 youtube reviews on both and priced them out before I was able to talk myself out of it. I figured that I didn't use my current first generation iPad enough in the past three years to warrant the purchase of a newer one. Although the inner apple nerd in me is screaming, I know that as soon as I buy it the newest thing will come out. 

3) A Smart TV: 
This varies from your normal run of the mill HDTV. Smart TV's are the beautiful creatures that are all ready to connect to all of your fantastic streaming media accounts like Netflix, Hulu, and HBOgo. I am still working on saying no to this one for right now, although it is on my 26 by 26 list. 

4) Random Items to Clutter My House with: 
The list includes a George Foreman Grill, a personal smoothie maker, thousands of books, cool speakers for my iPhone, random things that I would by from Target, clothes, a new pet, several different photo printers, and a rather large amount of food that I would otherwise not actually eat. 

5) A trip to Ikea: 
My most recent let down, and still a slight possibility is a trip to Ikea. Although I never really spend money in Ikea, it is always so hard for me to say no. And I feel that right now I am in a weak frame of mind that would only cause me to buy things that I don't really need but really want. Le sigh! 
But now I have to stick to the budgets and avoid the cardigan isle at Target. Because now I have to now save for my vacation. Stay strong my friends, stay strong. 
post signature

3 comments:

  1. I can help you with #4... I have a smoothie maker I can send you, and possibly a george forman.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No because then I would buy food that I would not actually eat. Plus it's not the same LOL. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was doing my spending freeze, I pretty much avoided Target! Also, Walmart is a have to store for me unless it's early morning on a Monday so there will be less people. I dislike people dodging.

    ReplyDelete