Top 13 songs in 2013 | Kylea & Company: Top 13 songs in 2013
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Monday, December 30, 2013

Top 13 songs in 2013

Well we are almost to the new year, and with so many musical talents I thought I would share with you the top 13 songs of my 2013.

13. Merry Go Round by Kacey Musgraves


This girl tells it like it is! A lot of people are sort of scared (not sure if that is the right word) to talk or sing about what it may be like in a normal persons life. Well Kacey talks about it all, heart break, moving on, being yourself, and life living in a trailer.

12. Burn by Ellie Goulding


Despite the fact that her accent is incredibly thick, this is just a ton of fun to dance around the house to! 

11. Stubborn Love by The Lumineers

DID you know the Lumineers have more than one song?!!! (said with complete sarcasm) This band is seriously amazing. By far one of my favorite albums of the year. Besides Stubborn Love, Slow It Down is my favorite track. 


10. Mine would be you by Blake Shelton
Now those who know me pretty well know that I have a serious hatred for Blake Shelton and his wife. Their  voices make me want to punch infants, and they are so over played it makes it worse. BUT this song... how I love it. I am so confused by it all.

09. Drunk Last Night by Eli Young Band
Who hasn't done this? Eli Young Band has been around for a while, and I was able to see them live last year. Bravo boys on making a good song. 

08. Carolina by Parmalee
I just love this song. It has a good feel to it and I can listen to it all of the time! 

07. Stars Fall for You by Keith Urban

I had to put my husband on this list! His new album was good but this is my favorite track on it. 

06. Wild in Your Smile by Dustin Lynch

OK did you see my concert post? DID YOU SEE how gorgeous this boy is?! And he is a premed student?? I would like one of these for Christmas next year, because a boy this talented needs to be taken. 

05. We Got Us by Canaan Smith
Old song, New find. I was able to see him live last year with SugarLand. I hope that he puts out new music soon, his adorable self will make it if he keeps going. 

04. Counting Stars by One Republic
MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME! Well my dears they did it again. One Republic amazed me with their talent and awesomeness. I so want to see them in concert this year. Maybe someone can hint it to my friends that they should buy me tickets for my birthday and that I would love them forever. Plus Ryan Tedder is absolutely gorgeous and I everything he does. 

03. A Life That's Good by Lennon and Maisy Stella of Nashville

Ok this tiny duo has a powerful little punch! I love watching ABC's Nashville, and love each song that Lennon and Maisy sing. Check out their Youtube channel for the covers that they do. You'll be impressed! 

02. Live for the Night by Krewella
Another song that is fun to just dance around to! Krewella made it big this year with two chart toppers including this song and their song Alive. This family of musicians should make it pretty big in the Electronic Dance Music/Pop world. 

01. Back from the Dead by Skylar Grey
Ok, here is a talent that has gone unheard for quite too long. If you don't know Skylar Grey, you may know her as Holly Brook. Yup same person. If you still don't know her, think about this scene from Step Up 4:


Or her numerous collaborations with Dr. Dre (I Need a Doctor) or Diddy Combs/P-Diddy (Coming Home). 
Her voice is hauntingly beautiful. 

What were your top 13 songs for 2013? 




No comments:

Post a Comment