Why don't we get credit?! | Kylea & Company: Why don't we get credit?!
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Monday, March 17, 2014

Why don't we get credit?!


Please prepare yourself for a rant. What I am about to say does not apply to everyone that I know, but it is something that I must get off of my chest. 

I am 24 almost 25. I hold a full time job that I have had for 5 years, a secondary job house sitting with a SET cliental, and I am a full time student. So how is it that I have more work ethic, more common sense, and more gratitude than a 37 year old? How is it that amongst my group of friends from high school I am one of the few that holds a steady job, and doesn't have any kids? Granted this appears to just be those who were closest to me in high school, but still. It baffles me that people do not have a strong sense of work ethic. Especially when they are much older than I am. So just how? 

This wave of thoughts came after my one and only employee, we will call him Dick, quit on Friday. And it was not the fact that he quit in general, but rather how he did it that pisses me off. Dick, already being late, called in on Friday and first started to say that he was not going to be in for the day. I had no problem with him taking a sick day! But then Dick said that he just didn't think he could come back to work at all. He was having relationship problems and was just going to move to another state that day.... Do you see where my frustration lies? I would have been cool giving him a few personal days, I am not a bitch boss like that. But you let your breakup ruin a job that had serious potential. MORON! Shouldn't a person who is 37 know better? 

The realization that many of my friends have the same way of thinking, and the same work ethic makes me question the basis of our friendships. Although, a lot of my friendships were not built on who worked harder than the other. They were built on common ideas and likes.

But how is it that younger individuals such as myself, are stereotyped in the negativity of today's socialite scandal, or because of the actions of people like my friends. One negative image is displayed and my entire generation is worthless. When in fact there are a number of us that do work hard to achieve our goals. Many of the blogs that I follow are amazing examples of individuals with serious work ethic. They spend most of their day working and then still have time to post these amazing, thought provoking posts. 

So why is it that we aren't getting credit for being hard workers? Is our generation just plagued with stereotypical images? 

End Rant**




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment