Think About It Thursday: What Love Means to Me | Kylea & Company: Think About It Thursday: What Love Means to Me
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Think About It Thursday: What Love Means to Me




































In 2 short days, I will have been single for over 4 years. That means that I have spent the last 4 Valentines days being a single gal. Amongst my list of really Awesome Holidays, Valentines day is no where to be found. Talk Like a Pirate day and Christmas definitely, but not the day dedicated to St. Valentine. 

Please don't mistake this for me being Anti- Valentines day, because I'm not. It's just not one of my favorites. I will probably wear black, because 3/4 of my wardrobe is nothing but. I will probably be irritated by the fact that some guy bought over priced roses for his wife and had them sent to the office. Many say that it's a day that has been singled out for love, and that you should tell people that you love them every day. Maybe it has become some Hallmark Corporate Holiday where companies want you to buy mass amounts of candy.

To that I say, what girl doesn't want copious amounts of chocolate??? Also, I love the cheesy, sappy Hallmark Movies where the guy gets the girl in the end. It gives me an incredible amount of hope sometimes. In the end it is all about the love.

There are at least 3 different saints by the name of Valentine or Valentinus in the Catholic Church. All of which were considered Martyrs. One story is that Valentine went against his Emporer when he realized the injustice of a marriage ban, and as a priest wed young lovers in secret. His actions discovered and he was put to death. Another story tells that Valentine was helping Christians flee Roman prisons, and that the first Valentine was sent from him to a girl he had fallen in love with while imprisoned. It was simply signed From Your Valentine. 

These two martyrs understood the power  of love, and why it is so important to have in life. Even in the dystopian books where the world and all emotions have been stripped away, it always comes back to love.

So, What does Love Mean to Me? 


It Looks Like This:

Unconditional - Accepting- Forgiving me for my faults- And never hogging the blankets.

It feels Like This:

Exciting- Bright- Unpredictable- Adventurous- Happy

It Means This:




Through the good and bad, no running. It's there no matter what, and fights like hell to stay around.


What does love mean to you? 


Kylea & Company


 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

2 comments:

  1. This with be my 5th year being single on Valentine's Day. It really doesn't bug me anymore on Valentine's Day than it does any other day (which usually isn't much). Your descriptions of love are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even want to think about the last time I wasn't single on Valentine's Day, I've quite forgotten what it's like to be doted on by anybody with the exception of my parents. I love the Merideth and Derek sticky note. Also, on Sunday they brought up the same Saint Valentine stories you mentioned today, found that interesting.

    ReplyDelete