5 Scary Things about Lifestyle Changes | Kylea & Company: 5 Scary Things about Lifestyle Changes
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Saturday, November 8, 2014

5 Scary Things about Lifestyle Changes

On Monday November 10th I start something big. I am starting a new lifestyle change with my food and my exercise. It started with my purchase of this little journal and the food program to go with it.


As soon as I bought it though, I started to go through doubts. I started to get scared that I just bought it for no reason and that I wouldn't use it. But then I remembered that I felt the same about my UP24 band when I bought it. Needless to say that band has not left my wrist for more than 3 hours before I realized it wasn't on. I have stuck with it and trying to better myself because of it. But when it comes to food, I tend to panic a bit more. But what is there to be scared of? 

Here are my top 5 reasons I am afraid of lifestyle changes.

1.) Failure
We are all afraid of failing, or giving up. What if you don't meet your goals, you skip a day, or if you just spent all of that money for nothing. Sometimes the thought of failure just gets the best of people. 

2.)Lack of support:
People don't have a strong enough support system. I can speak from experience when I say that there is only one member of my family who would join me in this endeavor, but the rest will tear it down and question all of the reasons I am doing it. They are a steak and potatoes kind of family, when they really need to be a rabbit family. 

3.) Too Expensive: 
Hello, single girl living here! I have bills to pay, I don't need to spend all of my dough at Whole Foods. I am lucky because I have a Sprouts about 4 miles away and they are fairly inexpensive; but buying groceries on a weekly basis is hella scary. I have little to no control when it comes to food, especially the Chili Lime Mango slices only sold at Sprouts.

4.) No Time: 
This is my downfall. In my head there is no time for meal prep or work outs. I know this portion is purely mental since I wake up at 4 in the morning every day. But none the less, to my brain there is no time. 

5.) Slip Ups: 
Have you guys heard about my insane sweet tooth? No, well it is there! And when I slip up man do I slip up. But as I have so learned from last nights dinner, slipping up will be the death of me. Death by heartburn. 


Now what does all of this mumbo jumbo mean for the blog that I have been so horribly neglecting? Well expect to see a few posts about me wanting to die and give up, a few about food, and a maybe a few about solutions to my 5 reasons I am afraid.

Is anyone else doing the #8weekhotbodychallenge ? How do you make it through the holiday season with a healthy diet?

 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I think I saw someone else doing this on Twitter. You can so rock this! The heartburn after poor eating choices is killer and yet I continue to make those choices. So excited for you! Also a little jealous. When I saw that tweet I really wanted to do it but I'm still nursing a bad broken toe for another 4 weeks. womp womp.

    ReplyDelete