Thankful for... #tbtHolidayEdition | Kylea & Company: Thankful for... #tbtHolidayEdition
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Thankful for... #tbtHolidayEdition

Happy Thursday! I know I am really late to the game, but I wasn't feeling so inspired until 10 minutes ago. Truth be told, I haven't really been paying attention to social media the past couple days. Sure I have checked my accounts, but I have not CHECKED my accounts. Know what I mean?

Well today I am linking up with Heather for #tbtHolidayEdition to give you two people I am thankful for knowing.

Geraldine and Albert Callison

Some people don't typically get to meet their great grandparents and remember any of it. My great grandpa passed when I was younger but I remember certain things about him and love to hear stories. My great grandma, who we just call grandma, now lives in the cold state of Ohio; near 3 out of her 6 living children. Seeing her can be slightly heartbreaking at times since she is going through a state of dementia, but it brings back a flood of memories from when they lived in Arizona. 

Things I remember: 
They always had a bowl or container of chocolate covered raisons in their house. 
My great grandpa's big ears and skinny frame. 
My grandma still to this day always has a word search near her chair. 
They made the best canned condensed chicken noodle soup. ;)
The only soda they had in the house was 7-up. 
They watched their daily soaps together, and never missed a day.
The taste of grandma's mac and cheese. 
Grandpa candy (also known as Brach's Peppermint Taffy)
My grandma refused to drive! 

Things I have learned: 
How to make grandpa's sloppy joe (bar-be-que) recipe. 
The difference between a tisp and a tibble. 
One night cap a night is a good thing. 
My Grandma was not the best at keeping the items for memories, but was awesome at keeping her taxes. 
That the apple hasn't fell far from the tree for generations. 
Naptime has always been an acceptable practice in my family. 
  
For obvious reasons I am glad that they met and had 7 beautiful kids, and had dozens of grand children and great grand children. But I am glad that I was able to meet and know them for what little time I have. Those memories are what mean the most in life.

Do you have someone in your "old life" or that may be a little older that you are thankful for? 



TBT Holiday Link Up



 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Kylea this was so beautiful. I loved the lists you shared and my grandmother refused to drive as well. Definitely made me tear up, thanks so much for sharing your memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and creating this amazing link up! Can't wait for next week!

    ReplyDelete