Things I have learned while being sick... | Kylea & Company: Things I have learned while being sick...
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Things I have learned while being sick...

Well cupcakes, it has been a very exciting weekend.... not! Turns out the bronchitis plague hit my office and I was an unfortunate victim. After last years mishap, there was no way in the world that I was going to risk it. Not to mention the other two amigas decided to turn on me and tattle in every form possible. Traitors.....

Well after I was diagnosed at urgent care, I packed up the dog and myself and moved in with the grandparents for the weekend. Why?? Well because I become a huge baby when I am sick, and all I really want is to snuggle up with a blanket while my mom sings soft kitty and plays with my hair. But, I highly doubt it would be the same over skype as it is in person. So off to grandma's house I went.

Now there is not a lot to do when you are sick besides sleep and watch tv. But there are plenty of things to be learnt from non social activities such as these.

First, if you watch 2 days worth of the Food Network Television against your will, food will sound about as appetizing as eating a scorpion. I have learned that Guy Ferrera will eat just about anything, Bobby Flay thinks he can beat anyones recipe but always seems to lose, they have a show where chefs gamble to buy items to sabotage the competition (this show actually is pretty cool, more on that letter), and Alie and Georgia are some pretty classy, funny broads.

Second.... Spongebob still exists.. WHY?! The better part, my grandpa insists on watching like 3
straight hours of it. I now understand why the younger generations are ignorant.

Third, if you are at your grandparents, they will try to feed you. And it's all grandparents. It's like they can hear even the slightest grumble of your stomach and BAM there is food. I wondered why Ghillie was gaining weight. Well now I know... Now I know. And none of this food is actually healthy. It is the exact opposite.

Fourth, working from home, as cool as it is gets old. There is only so many days you can go without social interaction. Although being able to call people morons more easily without being heard is awesome.

Fifth and most importantly, your dog always knows how to make you feel better. The infamous Ghillie Monster was nothing but cute and cuddly all weekend. How I love him.

Well now that the hefty dose of cough syrup has been consumed, it is off to beddy by land.


No comments:

Post a Comment