12 Things I Love about the Holidays | Kylea & Company: 12 Things I Love about the Holidays
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Monday, December 15, 2014

12 Things I Love about the Holidays

Model Credit: Ghillie Monster


1.) Tamales: Okay, I may or may not be eating tamales right now to sway my judgment on what goes on the list; but these things are awesome! And you really can only get the best ones during the holiday season. 

2.) Christmas Lights: My house may not be decked out with lights but boy do I love them! Does anyone else drive around just to look at lights?

3.) Mail: Whether or not I get a bunch of mail is not the point, but at my office; we get a ton of mail and vendor gifts, because they are amazing.

4.) Christmas Movies: The moral of most Christmas movie is the gift of giving and kindness. And those two things are needed in the world right now.

5.) Christmas Music: I mean you know every word to every Christmas song, and it doesn't matter if you are tone deaf because chances are the person next to you is as well. 

6.) Traditions: We have a few traditions in my family and those are what I look forward to the most. 

7.) Live Trees: I love the smell of a live tree! Best Holiday smell around.

8.) Ornaments: Now I am getting sentimental, but I love pulling out all of the ornaments and remembering the story of how I got each one. 

9.) Baking: I love baking every day, but only during Christmas is it acceptable to bake more than 5 dozen cookies if you’re not a baker by profession. 

10.) Christmas Breakfast: We don't do Christmas Dinner at my house, instead we do Christmas Breakfast. It is always to die for! 

11.) Presents: I mean who doesn't love the chance to rip off a bunch of paper and get super excited about that wonderful sweater your grandma gave you? Ok maybe not the sweater part but definitely the paper ripping! 

12.) Giving Back: This has become a Staple in my life now. Most of us have a chance to give back either monetarily or physically to others. There were years in my life that my family couldn't afford Christmas, so I know how much it means to families when they can have Christmas because of the kindness of others. 

What do you love about the holidays? 

  photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love the smell of pine trees. I had that as my glade plug in for my guest bathroom.

    ReplyDelete