Making the Most Out Of My New Years Resolutions | Kylea & Company: Making the Most Out Of My New Years Resolutions
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Making the Most Out Of My New Years Resolutions

Last year I had a list of wants, not a list of resolutions. While I still want a lot of things, I also plan on bringing those resolutions back. What can I say; I change my mind a lot. 

This year I wanted to get a real live co-worker. Well turns out I wouldn’t get a co-worker, but an actual person I was in charge of. This, frankly, scares the shit out of me. I haven't had to be in charge of someone since I worked at Target, and I was not necessarily the best at it. I thought I was cursed after my first employee quit after two weeks, went another 5 months of handling far too much work by myself, and screwed up a lot. Now I have one that I am hoping works out for a while. She has never been in the field and is taking a little time to learn, but she is doing well.

I wanted to take work to another level, and it was almost like my boss read my blog posts this year. This year he made the decision to hire a web design company to revamp our website and put some serious money into it. Now we have a new website launching that is gorgeous and social media accounts for the company. Although I think we could all be a bit better updating them. Thankfully, I am taking Marketing with Social Media class this semester and look forward to learning more. 

I wanted to travel, and while this was a brave idea, it also takes quite a bit of money and time. I did get to see my mom in Texas and was able to fly her here. But I still want to travel more; I am not giving up that want. 

I wanted to learn how to cook. I will just say that requires me to do my dishes on more than one occasion. So that didn't necessarily happen, but I learned more recipes for baking, which is a passion. 

And last but not least I wanted to blog more. Compared to years past, I did blog a lot more. I think that I had thought I would be further than I am today, but I haven't found all of my voice. I know that it will just take some more time.

So now that there is less than 24 hours until this year is over here is what is going on with my 2015. 

I am not going to lie about my lack of follow through. I mean I’ve been in school for almost 8 years now because I lose patience with it. I either stop going or stop doing the homework. And you remember that 8 week challenge I was so determined to finish.... 3 weeks later and I was done.

Let's be real in saying that I just lack the drive to finish something. This is why half of my house looks like a mess. Even now I am straying away from finishing this post and putting it in the draft graveyard.

It's really easy to start stuff, but 10 times harder to finish it. Especially when you have not so stellar habits.


So here is my resolution: I will follow through with all of the tasks for each month.


Thank you for reading my novel of a post. Thank you to each of you, from the bottom of my heart. I feel like I have a very large group of friends on here. And although none of us have ever met, I feel like I have the support from all of you to finish these resolutions. I wish everyone the best of luck as we start this new year off.

Be safe, be happy, and Happy New Year!

Do you have a 2015 New Years resolution? 

 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I think those are great goals! I'm the same way with follow through (which is probably why I've already failed 45 of my goals on my current 101 in 1001 list & only have until June to finish another 32...) I don't really make resolutions because I know I won't follow through with year long goals. I did start making monthly goals though so I hope that those are more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping that they are more manageable too; plus giving it variety seems to keep my motivation going. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete