A Football Me Date | Kylea & Company: A Football Me Date
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Monday, September 22, 2014

A Football Me Date

There comes a point in time where people disappoint you. And by disappoint I mean become hypocritical assholes who are selfish and self-centered. 

I started this weekend by doing something I really do not like doing. I went to a crowded bar that was hosting Karaoke, and sat there listening to cats being murdered people singing. I mean I don't hate going to this type of thing, but when it's all my friends want to do almost every weekend.... I just can't. I like to hear myself talk and hear what others are saying. Hey let's throw in a classy drink with good food while we are at it. But my friends all wanted to go out, and I thought hey, I'll be cool and go out. I may have been tortured, but I knew that it might have meant something to those friends.  

HA! 

Well when I scored some awesome football tickets, because I love going to sporting events; I invited my friends. To be fair, I first invited my dad because he would have died with these seats. But when he couldn't and I asked my friends, they couldn't be bothered by what I wanted. My original thought of not wanting to take them because they wouldn't appreciate them was true. They aren't as cool as you guys. 

I was told by one of said friends that I shouldn't take things so personally. 
....
....
Really??? I didn't take it personally when all you wanted to do Saturday was sleep on my couch for 3 hours because you were too hungover to do anything we had planned.
....
....
It was safe to say that I was fuming. Instead of begging people to go, I decided to say fuck it and go by myself. Sure I was wasting a ticket and it was scary as hell, but I was not going to fight with something that would upset me further. So Sunday morning I got up, did my makeup, got dressed, and headed out to Glendale, AZ to watch some football.




I was still stewing when I headed out but when I got to my seats and got into the game, I was actually glad I went by myself. 

Reasons why: 
  • I was able to walk around and find the vendors that sold Shock Top, a beer that I liked. 
  • I didn't have to search for the hard liquor vendors for tiny overpriced drinks because no one else can drink beer.
  • I was able to buy my own food with no worries about what went on it because of other peoples allergies. 
  • I didn't have to explain anything concerning the game. 
  • When I asked the hot guy next to me what a certain penalty meant it wasn't weird. I mean I was just a tiny girl by myself, and I needed help. I was a classic damsel in defense distress.
  • I could switch which teams I was routing for, with no confusion.
  • I switched teams, because well hot guy.... 
  • I got to laugh at the shit talking, and goof around with the guys without having to worry about someone getting jealous or feeling left out. 
  • I didn't have to leave the game early! 
  • I didn't have to listen to people complaining... Except for when the hot guy's team was losing.


So if any of you are scared to do things alone, don't. It can be terrifying at first but there is always a silver lining. And for those of you who have friends like mine, maybe we should find new ones.

Salud! 










 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Girl good for you! I've gone to a few concerts alone now for the same reason. Sometimes you just gotta say screw you & do your own thing!

    ReplyDelete