The Thankful Project: A Book | Kylea & Company: The Thankful Project: A Book
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Thankful Project: A Book




Good Morning, Afternoon and or Evening! Happy tuesday and all other greetings of happiness and joy! Why so happy? Because today's thankful project is about something that has always been dear to my heart... BOOKS!!! Now I know the idea was to pick one book, but I couldn't decide on just one particular book.

** A little back ground about me, I used to get grounded from books. Not because my parents are evil, psychos who didn't want me to be well educated, but because I would read them to fast. And honestly we were a little too far from the public library to go and check out books from it. So it wasn't until High school that I was able to get some decent reading material without my parents needing to buy it for me. This pretty much sums up my feelings:


Now I would like to Note that Harry Potter is not on this list. Although I love Harry Potter and love love love the series, I have yet to read the 7th book and do not feel as I can truly put it on this list. Now I have not read it because I am still in denial, but that is beside the point. So here a books that I have breathed and lived; I became the characters. And each book had an emotional connection in my life.

The Perks of Being a Wall Flower: 
I read this at least a dozen times before it became a movie folks. I had a rough time in high school fitting in and making friends. There were times were I would just sit in my next class during lunch and read. Reading Charlie's story, and how he put such blind faith in just talking to a random stranger about his life made me feel like there were other people like me and just as shy and outcasted as me. 

Catcher in the Rye: 
Now everyone jokes that you have to be a serial murderer to have read and loved this book. But honestly.... I don't see it. I got that the main character Holden, is lost in life. He so desperately wants to be needed and successful to live up to the expectations of his sister, but cannot get a grip of the world around him. 

The Great Gatsby: 
Who doesn't love Gatsby?! Actually I have met one person who does not love the book. But she is a Smut novel reader and cannot appreciate the brilliance of this fabulous book. 

A Time to Kill: 
My first grown up book. This book it is set in the south, and during a time where Race was still highly controversial. I still gobble this book up when I want a solid read. And the ending statement given by Lawyer Jake Brigance brings me to tears every time. I become the members of the Jury. 

Divergent: 
 I will admit... .I only started reading this series because I saw that a movie was coming out and that the actor Theo James was one of the main characters..... And I kind of love him..... But once I started reading this series, my god was I addicted. (Can we say finished book one in 3 hours??) I have been into dysotopian novels lately, and this one, dare I say, compares to the level of the Hunger Games. Now there is more of a love story, but still the internal fight of the main character Tris to decide how she can stay hidden in a Place that does not allow for Divergent. When every one fits in she is trying so hard not to stand out and be noticed, but she is strong, reckless, logical, and modest. 

Now along with books that I adore, I also wanted to list a few books that I want to read this next year. 
  • Atlas Shrugged (I know a bit ambitious) 
  • The Fault In Our Stars
  • The Hobbit 
  • Hollow City: The Second Novel of Miss Peregrin's Children
  • Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore 
  • The Language of Flowers
  • 1984 by George Orwell 

Do you have any Literary goals for 2014? I am hoping to have each of these on my Thankful Project list next year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment