The Thankful Project: A Choice | Kylea & Company: The Thankful Project: A Choice
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Thankful Project: A Choice



It's about to get real up in here…..  

     This is not my story but rather than my moms, and I am unsure of whether or not my brothers know the full story. But a choice that I am thankful for is the choice my mom made when she chose to leave my father. 
     It's not something most kids are thankful for, and when I was a kid I was not too pleased that my parents were divorced, but as I grew older I came to understand why. 
My mom told me the story while we were talking about how my older brother was a lot like him. This was 3 or 4 years ago and my brother was a tad reckless and a tad bit reliant on alcohol. 
     My older brother was turning 5 (i believe) I was just 3 and my little brother was still under a year. Of course we had a family party to celebrate his birthday and everyone was there, including my grandmother Margo. She was the first to approach my father as he was still passed out (still drunk). 
     
Side Note: Now any one who knows my brothers and I knows that we are bears when people wake us up. If we wake up on our own it's cool, but to be woken up; watch out. Our father is the grizzly bear of being woken up. 


     After he didn't wake up and come out after my grandma told him to, my mom tried. And she gave him a choice. Be a part of the family or lose your family. 
     He made the choice to stay in bed. My mom made the choice to leave. I know that was one of the bravest things she could have done. She was now a single mom, and we were not the sweetest of children. I was a brat, my older brother was the spawn of satan, and my little brother... well he is his own form of special. We were definitely a handful for her. But I would not trade her for the world. (Hi mom!)
     Fast forward to today; I choose not to see my father. My brothers will on occasion, my little brother more often, but since our arrival back in Arizona I have kept my distance. 

So there is a little family history. 


No comments:

Post a Comment