The Thankful Project Day 12: An Opportunity | Kylea & Company: The Thankful Project Day 12: An Opportunity
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Thankful Project Day 12: An Opportunity



So I realized that I am slightly behind, but an opportunity that I was thankful that I received was my job. My boss had no rhyme or reason to hire me, and I already had a decent job for a person my age (20 at the time). But out of the blue he called me because my aunt and mom told him that he should look into hiring me to replace his only employee. So one random day in January he called to interview me. I took the opportunity because it could only give me more experience in interviewing, and what was the worst he could say? He had called me for the interview. After an hour of just talking and scenarios, he told me that I would be a perfect member to the team, but he wasn't sure when he could hire me. I let it be known that if the opportunity came up to work for his company, I would. 

Fast forward to now, I have been here for 4 and a half years, and my boss; well I feel as if he is a member of my family. I have had a total of 2 days of training, and lots of screw ups. I have switched career choices, worked on vacations, and didn't even flinch when I signed on two days after getting out of the hospital. Sure I complain and bitch about it a lot, but looking at it I wouldn't want to work anywhere else. Well except  if I could scrapbook for a living... Then it's fair game. 

My opportunity was given to me, on sheer faith. And I try to make the best of it every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment