The Thankful Project: Day 11- Something I was Taught | Kylea & Company: The Thankful Project: Day 11- Something I was Taught
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Monday, November 11, 2013

The Thankful Project: Day 11- Something I was Taught





I am 24, which means I still think that I have a lot of learning and growing to go. Everyday I try to work on my life eternally and self reflect on who I am as a person, and what the day has taught me. 

The most valuable lesson that I have been taught is that of acceptance. Everyone is different, and not to sound too Lady GaGa, we were all born different. 

I will say that to say that people were born gay, straight, left, right, or any other way is stupid. It is not a scientific thing that we were wired to like a certain sexual preference. I mean someone may have figured out how we are genetically programmed to work that away. But I disagree. I have learned that as we grow into the adults that we were meant to be we find a piece of ourselves. Some find their religion, some find their culture, and some just find their voice. Either way no two people are exactly alike in personal beliefs or values. And we as humans should be more accepting of another persons differences. 

Life taught me that even though someone is different, that we all have the same functioning body parts. We all have a brain, we all have a heart, and we all matter. A person is a person after all, no matter how small. (yea I just totally tried to quote Dr. Seuss) 

What I want to continue to learn is patience. I am too quick to come to conclusions or get upset at how others are handling things. I would like to continue trying to handle the skill of patience. 

And one random thing that I am glad I was taught, was how to put my hair up with a pen. It seems childish, but right now it is a life saver!  


No comments:

Post a Comment