If I Won the Lottery | Kylea & Company: If I Won the Lottery
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

If I Won the Lottery

Today is the first day of #blogtober14 with Helene and Tay, and what better way than to start by doing a completely selfish post?

What would I do if I won the lottery?

Now there are two scenarios to this question. There is scenario one, which involves playing it safe. And there is scenario two, which is the more stereotypical approach. Overall, I rather enjoy the thought of being a millionaire. How does that saying go?

By Dorothy Parker 


Scenario One: This is where I play it safe. I take the total, split it up into installments over 20 years and have a steady large income until I need to retire.

I would hire a CPA, because let's face it I hate accounting and would need someone to handle it for me. I would then pay off all of my student loans. A trust would be set up for each of my brothers, my mom, and my grandparents with a good amount to help them out. But nothing too extravagant because let's face it I just won the lottery, and all the peeps will be hitting me up.   

I would buy a house, nothing big, but something that needs fixing up. I would gut it and then hire The Property Brothers to come and design it for me. I would hire a gardener, a cleaning company, and a personal assistant. I would spend the next two years doing my normal, make donations to local charities, and then I would take a big vacation every year with some of my favorite people.

Scenario Two: I would take the lump sum. I would still donate a chunk of money because there are still people in need. But I would throw a small chunk of it in savings, buy a new camera, pack a bag, and go to the airport and by the next plane ticket out. I wouldn't come home until I was essentially out of money from traveling everywhere or spending money on lavish things. I would drive fancy cars, drink expensive wines, rent out my own Islands, and have celebrity BFF's. I would be completely selfish with my spending by not thinking of souvenirs or taking people with me. It's my money, I'll do what I want.

What would you do if you won the lottery? 


Helene in Between


 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I would pay off all my debt, then pay off all my parents' debt, followed by most if not all of my brother's. I would trade in my car, buy an almost brand new bright blue Ford F150, quit my job, & take a year off to travel the world before going back to school for something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm opting for scenario 2.... #ImNotEvenSorry ;)

    ReplyDelete