When I Grow Up | Kylea & Company: When I Grow Up
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Thursday, October 2, 2014

When I Grow Up


Helene in Between Blogtober


Happy second day of #Blogtober14! I have done a previous post about what I wanted to be when a little kid. But I think that this post has come at a time where I think I need it the most.

I have been struggling lately on whether or not to return back to University of Phoenix. For the most part my head, heart, and finances are telling me no. I think that it was a good thing for me to go through, not debt wise, but connections and decision wise. I learned somethings through there but it seemed like more and more of the classes started meshing together and went over the same exact topics. And you don't get to choose what courses you want to take. You can't take an astrology or creative writing class to break up all of the ethics ones you are being forced into. Most of all it was insanely expensive for the education that you received. $1200+ for a 5 week class is stupid.

I've thought a lot about what I want to do. But I guess I still have a little more growing up to do, because I don't know how to get to where I think I want to be. I have an idea of where I want to go, but have no idea where to start. Do I need a degree to do this, or just the right brains?

I have found that I love creating a workplace culture. I love doing things that make people want to come to work every day. Planning events, putting them together, and then making sure all of the finer details are accomplished. I have found that I love planning events in general. Maybe because I am so particular and OCD when it comes to the details. Starting from a bare concept and then building the event and seeing it through is amazing.

There is a moment when you see the appreciation, and the gratitude of your employees for giving them something fun to do. It makes all of the hard work, blood, sweat, and sometimes tears worth it. I have been in a number of workplaces that are just miserable. The employees hate going to work each day and they are only there for a paycheck. People are happier when they are being encouraged to have fun at work, or their areas are fun and functional. It's been proven by companies like Zappos and Google.

For me, it's just hard to do that when you have 3 office employees total and in an office that isn't yours. In general though, I want to be the person that is in charge of creating a happy and cultured office. I want to plan big events! Ones that create memories, and make people look forward to more things to come.  I want a fun and open office that just allows a person to be them, not stuck behind cubical walls.

I just need to figure our where to go from here. 
 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree that people enjoy going to work when they're encouraged to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you're such a happy and loving person, so you have that going for you! Keep working towards your dream, you'll get there! :)

    ReplyDelete