Blogging Goals 2015 | Kylea & Company: Blogging Goals 2015
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Blogging Goals 2015








As you may have noticed there is really only one Blogging Goal in my Resolutions Challenges. Up until a few days ago I hadn't even thought of goals for my blog. I don't know whether it was just something that slipped my mind, or something that I just haven't felt inspired to write. But in honor of today's link up with Tiffany and Nina, I created a few goals that I know I can accomplish. 

New blog design: And by new design I mean Hire someone to do it for me. And by blog design I mean new design and all of the matching social media, banners, and business cards. I have tried to get a lot of it done by myself and through self teaching, but I honestly don't have the patience to sit in front of a computer all weekend. I already have to stare at one for 45+ hours a day. 

Get business cards: It just makes the whole thing a little more serious. Plus I plan on going to a few conferences and it would be nice to exchange cards with other bloggers. 

Take more pictures: I love photography and somehow yet I don't actually take enough pictures. I do with my phone, but not with my big girl camera. I need to get back to that and Film. 

Get pictures taken of me: I noticed a while ago that I have a lot of pictures of other people but none actually of me. I have a few but they are silly and you can tell they are totally selfies. I know a friend of my moms that I want to hire to do a photo shoot with so that I have pictures for my blog and LinkedIn which I use for work. 

Make a blogging schedule: I need to get it down on when I blog. A lot of time there is no method to this madness, and that inconsistency is really not fair for you guys. I need to create a schedule and stick to it! It will be less worry on my part and a lot more fun on yours. 

No more COMPLAINING! I feel like I complain a lot on here, and a lot of it is simple stuff that I don't need to drag you guys down with. So from now on no more complaining! You guys are more than welcome to call me out on my shit too. 

Post more directionalized posts: I post a lot of random things, granted this is a lifestyle blog, and my lifestyle is random, but I need to be a little more focused on what I am posting and not so ADHD. 

Go to a conference: I know that I mentioned going to a couple of conferences previously, but I really need to be present. I need to step outside of my social anxiety self and actually be present physically and mentally. 

Go to a Phoenix Blogger Meetup/blate: It would be awesome to meet a few other bloggers in Phoenix and pick their brains for Ideas and just be able to meet them. I know there are a ton, but it seems like they are all hiding. 





 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

11 comments:

  1. I wish there were more bloggers in my area that I could meet up with for a blate. These are some awesome goals! I need more pictures of myself, but I feel so silly asking people! I only have a phone, but my sister has a "big girl camera." I feel like I need to pay her to take pictures of me for the blog. But hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I hope you love the conferences you go to! I would love to go to one one day. Good luck accomplishing your goals, and thanks for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten away from my "real" camera too & don't take nearly as many pictures as I used to. I really need to get back into doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily designed my blog, and I love it! I was really picky too, and she was great to work with. Her prices are pretty reasonable too. If you want to spend the big bucks, you can always go with Venus Trapped in Mars or Heart & Arrow Design. I'm obsessed with Heart & Arrow. So so incredible. Business cards! I just got mine, and I love them. I ordered from Vista Print, but I heard Moo is really awesome, and I think you can order a few different ones rather than 500 of the same card. You should totally do a little blog photo shoot. I'm sure you'd have so much fun! I'd love to see those pics! Sad that Blogcation didn't happen; otherwise, you'd be able to cross "Go to a conference" off of your list. Booooo! Good luck with your goals, Kylea! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've met up with a few local bloggers, but only once and I so want to do it again!! Which conferences are you thinking about? I still really want to go to one but it's so overwhelming! I was just thinking I need to get my "big girl camera" out and USE it. I need to get JUST blog business cards. I had some done, combined with my design business but I think I just want to get some fun blog ones. Good luck with your goals!! I love having all of my posts planned out. It helps me see that I have more to talk about than just books, and randomness, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited to go to the conferences! I feel silly asking too, but I found a remote that will sync up with my phone and camera so that I can just set it up on a tripod and tada! Thank you for co-hosting this awesome linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so many pictures on my phone that it refused to take any more. Is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I was looking at Moo for mine, they are a bit pricier but you can have up to like 50 different designs on the back of them. Your cards are adorable though! It does suck that Blogcation fell through, but I am all signed up for Elevate in California! So I only have to wait until May. Thank you Tiffany!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It can be hard to focus on things other than blogs and randomness! But hopefully the other goals will help to align that goal. I am going to http://elevate-everyday.com/elevate-conference/register/ and planning on going to http://blendedconference.com/ because it is going to be a short driving distance away. Thank you Heather!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to get some pictures taken of me too! If you ever want to talk about blog design let me know! I really want to go to a conference this year too but I also want to move out so I don't know if I'll be able to (Plus I just had to get my far fixed too :/)! Let me know if you plan on going to one on the east coast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you will be hearing from me. :) I picked a few conferences that I knew I could drive to so that it cuts down on cost, plus I had to look at the overall cost of the trip. I never realized how much people spend on these types of things until we started planning for Blogcation. I am looking for one on the east coast to go to, just haven't found one that is feasible yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah it seems like most of them are on the west coast. I would love to go to Alt Summit but that one's a little more expensive plus it's farther away! I wish there were some in Michigan! There's one in Ohio but it looks like a lot of mommy bloggers.

    ReplyDelete