Weekend Wrap Up | Kylea & Company: Weekend Wrap Up
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Monday, January 12, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up

So I am preparing for Season 5 of Game of Thrones the only way I know how (at least this early in the game). 


Be prepared for me to start counting down the days until April 12th. But for now let's look at my oh so exciting weekend. 

Friday: 
There is a moment that past 3:55 pm on a Friday that unless you are my boss you probably shouldn't call me. I mean it is only common courtesy not to call someone before they are literally running away to have an amazing weekend. But nope a sales guy called to ask about rates because my boss didn't email him back right away. You would think that the President of a Company wouldn't have anything better to do, right? Well he called and I was stuck on the phone for 20 minutes trying to comprehend why he was asking stupid questions. Went home to talked to one best friend via Facebook, One via text, and then one on the phone. And then my butt didn't move from the surface known as my couch. 

Saturday: 
Also known as errand day. Because who likes doing anything on a Sunday? Not me! So I went to the grocery store and bought just enough food to last me until I house sit. I must say that it was a first. I also grabbed a two movies from RedBox. 

What If

Guy meets girl during what is probably the most simple, yet adorable meet cute I have seen. Both guy and girl, Wallace and Chantry, become friends. Just friends. Well about half way through Wallace, like any well rounded character, realizes that he has in fact grown feelings for Chantry, who has a boyfriend. Chantry and Wallace fall apart after he tries to confess his love by chasing after her, then come back together in an adorable way, and eventually ride off into the sunset together. 

There really is more to the story, and I would actually recommend this one. As it turns out Daniel Radcliffe is actually pretty funny. I know that the scripts are written for the witty banter but he actually sold all of it really well. Like he wasn't a I am going to roll on the floor dying of laughter funny; it was more of an awkward, sarcasm filled, type of funny. 

The Giver

Now I would be lying if I had said that I read the book before watching this. Because not only do I own it but it is free in Kindle unlimited. So needless to say I have little room to talk about the differences. But I will say that I feel like Rosemary was probably mentioned more in the book, or maybe not mentioned but twice. The way they played the difference between color and grayscale was amazing. Lastly, I felt terrible for Alexander Skarsgards character; out of any character I felt that his was quite compassionate, but I feel like he knew a little more than they let on. I enjoyed it, but feel I would have liked it more if I had read the book.  

Sunday: 
It was a Rainy Sunday in Phoenix!! And that meant that I got to sleep in and drink coffee well into the afternoon. That also meant that I spent the morning looking for a cabin for scrapbook camp. Do you know how hard it is to find a house to rent that you can fit several 6" tables in? Improbable that I will find the right one yes,  but not impossible. I managed to also read two books, because they sucked me in and I couldn't get out! Granted you get to a certain point at midnight where you have to decide to get some sleep or just not sleep. I like sleep and I ran out of coffee creamer.

So there you have it, a full detailed report on how I tried to do as little as possible this weekend. Now onto the fun trials of Monday.

 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Good luck finding a place for scrapbook camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is proving to be more difficult than any of us thought.

    ReplyDelete