Easy Peasy Popcorn Bar | Kylea & Company: Easy Peasy Popcorn Bar
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Easy Peasy Popcorn Bar

So if you couldn't tell from my post about Waffle Day, let me confirm that my office loves when free food is served. Even if it is something as simple as Popcorn! About a week ago we had a full day filled with this salty treat. Here are the steps that you need to take to build your own popcorn bar for any occasion.










Step One: Pop Popcorn. 
We have roughly 40-45 people in my office so I had to do quite a bit of popcorn. I ended up using 6 packages of Salted Caramel Popcorn and 7 of Movie Theater Butter and we had just the right amount. I did individual bags because I didn't want too much left over, but you may be able to buy a really big bag at your local movie theater. Harkins Theaters sells their big party bags for just $10. 

 Step Two: Add Candy! 
Everyone needs a little sweet with the salty. I bought a few bags of the candy bites and M&M's so that they could mix them in with the popcorn but also put out some full size options for those in my office who just wanted sweet. 

Step 3: Add beverages and labels to the table. 
I did some basic soda's for our office, but I have seen some cuter displays with lemonade and punch. I also labeled the stations so that people knew what was what. Generally most people know what candy is, but we had seasoning salts that we used and little cupcake liners for individual samples.

Step Four: Give Directions! 
In my office they need some sort of directions. Granted most people won't read them and will just ask, but it's a nice touch that most will appreciate. 

Now I did not put out my favorite popcorn mixture, which is chocolate frosting. But this little event was a hit in my office and would be perfect for any movie night or party. 

Do you mix stuff into your popcorn or are you a plain kernal type of person? 
 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love to dip my popcorn in cheese!!! So, I don't eat sweets in with it but usually following it I do, lol. This looks like a great addition to a party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried cheese with my popcorn, I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete