Daughter Speaking | Kylea & Company: Daughter Speaking
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Daughter Speaking


Incase you want to know how far the apple fell from the tree. Mom and I -Mothers Day 2014

Ever have one of those moments where you think "shit, I sound just like my mother."? Well for me that happens literally all of the time. Why? Well because my mom and I sound pretty darn identical on the phone. So much so that when I answer her phone I always have to start by saying "daughter speaking." 

I  had to start doing this after her friends would start having full on conversations with me, thinking that it was my mother. And well after one of my little teen boyfriends thought that my mom was me. 

We will call this boy, Little C. You see apparently Little C thought that I had my own land line or mobile phone at the time, because when my mom picked up he greeted her with a "hey baby." My mom being a parent, then proceeded to hold the conversation enough to decide that he needed to hang up. If I remember correctly she wasn't too fond of that initial greeting and I was mortified that some guy literally just called my house like that. Thankfully my dad didn't answer because I am sure that the conversation wouldn't have lasted too long. 

Little C didn't last too much longer. I mean if he didn't have the common sense to ask if I was available, well then he didn't have enough for me. It was a fleeting relationship that lasted a whole 2 weeks. Afterwards we became friends, but he never did call me or my house again. 

Moral of the story, always ask for whom you need to talk to in my house. And don't call me baby. 

 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment