#Surfsup | Kylea & Company: #Surfsup
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Thursday, June 26, 2014

#Surfsup

Happy Thursday ladies and gentledudes. This week has been full of excitement that only I could truly love. It has been boring, work consumed, and leaves me little to no time to blog. Well I would be able to blog more if I didn't take those naps everyday. And I do take a nap literally every day, like a boss. #littlekidmoment 

Well let me tell you about a really exciting story. After countless, and I mean countless, posts from other bloggers getting these magical VOX Boxes I knew I had to have one. It was my destiny to get a little box full of free goodies to try and love. So I went over to Influenster and started earning badges like no ones Business. I mean how do you accurately answer a question as to what Chocolate you love more when you love it all? 

Eventually, I received an email from Infuenster. They wanted to see if I was the right candidate for a summer box that they were doing. Well hello, I live in Arizona and it is pretty much summer all year round. So I took their little survey and then second guessed my adjective that they asked me would be the best to describe Hawaiian Tropic product. The word that I used was fragrance, so not an adjective.

But they decided to see past my horrible use of proper grammar and sent me one anyways! And I didn't even realize it, until I got it in the mail! Talk about a lovely present!


**Insert baby angel choir singing**

The first thing I did was take out that Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion and plop it on my still burnt lobster leggies. I had been using the Burts Bee's version of after sun lotion, but the smell of aloe was so overpowering that I couldn't stand it. FYI I hate the smell of aloe. But like all Hawaiian Tropics products the smell was that of coconut and heaven. That smell always makes me think of being on the beach with a fruity drink, being serenaded by Kenny Chesney.  Well I took a big ol' whiff of this after sun lotion and ultimately decided that I needed more of it so that I could take it with me to #blogcation. 

Well needless to say I was also painting my nails that night too. At first I looked at the shade of green and thought "great, another color that is going to look like vomit." But despite my first  judgement I slapped it on my nails, realizing that I should never ever give myself a manicure. With 3/4 of it on my actual skin portion of my fingers and not nails, the color ended up being really pretty. This Sinful Colors polish is more of matte type finish with a nice garden green. I would definitely use it again, given that I let a professional put it on. 

Would you be shocked if I told you that I also went to the grocery store and wound up with some Jamba Juice Smoothie kits? Because I did. But in my defense I also had to buy dog food so it was a justified trip.  I ended up using both coupons and bought Razmatazz and their green smoothy kit. I have tried the green one out, and it was amaze-balls. Plus it had the effect I wanted, grossing my friend out that I was drinking this ugly green, healthy looking smoothy. The Razmatazz is next, but if it is anything like the real thing it will be equally as amaze-balls.

Now on to the beauty of this box, the Covergirl Bombshell Curvaceous by Lash Blast Mascara! I used to watch ANTM only to say the Covergirl slogan. Easy, Breezy, Beautiful. Covergirl. *cue dramatic hair flip and eye wink* I love Covergirl products and Lash blast is one of my favorite mascara's out there. This mascara had me slightly confused at first as I almost coated my hand when taking out one of the wands. But the end result was simply amazing. No clumping, lots of volume and  it even looks good through the lenses of my glasses. The only thing I fear is the price! I have not gone down the Covergirl isle at my good friend Target yet to see what the damage is going to be, but since I know that normal Lash Blast costs me around $5 I can only imagine that this is going to be $7+. 

The last item in my super cool box was the First Aid Shot Therapy (in cherry flavor). Normally I can not drink any liquid medicine besides Robitussin, but I would imagine that the cherry flavor will help. I haven't really had a reason to need to take this yet, but with the Arizona heat I think this will be a great product to try in case I am outside in the sun for too long. Sun Strokes are serious business here. 

All in all this was a serious win for my first VOXBOX. I can't wait to get another!! 

What was your first VOXBOX? Have you signed up with Influenster yet? 


 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting a box! I want another one so bad haha. I was on there again last night trying to do as many things as possible so they'd send me another one. Which reminds me...I should go update my address haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first box! I love Influenster! Have you tried BzzAgent? It's very similar, but instead of themed boxes you get full sized products to try out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!! I have done so many reviews that I almost feel reviewed out. But I can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of BzzAgent before. I am going to have to look into this. THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete