Hollow City {A Review} | Kylea & Company: Hollow City {A Review}
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hollow City {A Review}



Hollow City is the second novel in the Miss Peregrines Peculiar Children series. After I had been stuck in a car for over 2 hours, I begged my mom (only slightly) to stop at Walmart so that I could get a book to read on our drive from Tennessee to Ohio. As I walked through the short isle of books, I came across Miss Peregrines Home For Peculiar Children a book I had heard was a best seller. Needless to say four hours later and that book was toast! It was so thrilling, so engaging, and definitely not what I expected for a YA novel.  Hollow City was the same way. 

Favorite Character: Millard Nullings 
Millard is a character that has the peculiar power is invisibility. He is completely head to toe invisible, and is often disappearing through the books. But in this book we see much more to him, we see the mentor in him. He helps a newly found peculiar that is going through the same fate as Millard. 

My thoughts: 
I knew that this would be as gripping as the first, and boy was I right. There were a few slower moments like any book, but all in all the book was full of great detail. Best of yet, it leaves off at the perfect ending, leaving room for a third book. I don't want to reveal too much of the book because it would give away too much of the first book. Bonus Ransom Riggs finds the photos in the books and matches them with the story. 

GoodReads Synopsis: 
The extraordinary journey that began in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children continues as Jacob Portman and his newfound friends journey to London the peculiar capital of the world. But in this war-torn city, hideous surprises lurk around every corner. Like its predecessor, this second novel in the Peculiar Children series blends thrilling fantasy with never-before-published vintage photography to create a one-of-a-kind reacting experience.


Read both books! You won't regret it. 

 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment