Call me Carlea, Carlea J. Swenson. | Kylea & Company: Call me Carlea, Carlea J. Swenson.
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Call me Carlea, Carlea J. Swenson.



A little over a year ago I was contracted by our sister company to help post some of their accounting. I would go from my normal shift of 7am-4pm to an extra 2-3 hours of extra work. I didn't mind of course because it was extra money in my pocket. But by the end of the week some of the people in the office kept getting my name mixed up because I was sitting in someone else's desk more than they were.

Well in one week I had heard so many different versions of my name that I had begun to respond to anything that was similar. (It was a long summer.) So finally, Dave the Sarcastic, started calling me Carlea (Carly) which was a mixture of my name and the person who owned the cubicles name. Well I couldn't have a new first name and not a new last name, that just isn't right. So we mixed up our last names, creating Swenson. BAM! I had a first name and a last name, all I needed was a middle name. Well you know how apple likes to autocorrect. If you try to put my name in, it should autocorrect to Jules. Thus creating my middle name. 

from that moment on Carlea J. Swenson was born. My alter ego has become a little bit of an icon around there. When there is mischief a few people say, " Oh Carlea must have done that."  The best part about it is that none of the new people know who Carlea J. Swenson is. So if the people in accounting who know want to play a little prank, they tell them to go ask Carlea. It takes them forever to figure out that Carlea is actually me. It's fantastic! 

Well today Carlea is back at it, posting invoices and jamming out to some Saturday tunes. She may also cause some mischief in the office. ;) 

If you could have an alter ego, what would  your name be? 




 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment