The Social Problem | Kylea & Company: The Social Problem
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Monday, July 28, 2014

The Social Problem

The problem with social networking is that some people have lost all forms of real communication. They would rather communicate through Facebook or Twitter, vaguely throwing people under the bus.  It's funny that I am actually bringing up this topic, because I rarely do this. I mean I complain about my co workers and my boss. But I don't just come right out and say that "so and so is getting a raise and I don't think that it's fair" (insert dramatic baby cry here). I am an adult, I don't think I need to throw people under the bus and publicly shame them for something I don't like.

The main reason behind this whole entire post was a series of two posts on Facebook, had by people that I know rather closely. 

I first saw this post:  

A complete and random post for this individual to make. It was already weird enough that she was posting on Facebook since she really doesn't go on, but given the events I knew that she had been on a little more this weekend. But for her to post this was a little off. I just passed it off thinking that someone I didn't know, or had blocked/hid was ranting again. Until I saw this. 


This whole spiel of non-sense that was publicly aired for all of our scrapbook group to see. Seriously, seriously?  

I missed out on this tradition too. I was invited to go, but chose not too. This means that this next year I may not get an invitation to go, and I have gone for the past 11+ years consecutively. But this year my priorities to house sitting and money were different due to me really wanting to go to blogcation, and honestly my heart wasn't into it. There was so much drama happening that it made the entire situation uncomfortable, and it was the one thing my mom and I had together. Honestly my mom was the glue in the group, and I hope that the people now running this tradition see how hard it was to go when a big part of my life and the tradition isn't there. I went last year, but this year has been slightly harder for me with my mom not around. 

But not once did I feel like posting my irritations about this drama on Facebook. It was not the place, and it was not the adult thing to do. I did vocally give my opinions and grievances; showing my one character flaw of not addressing it to the actual person. But to me it was small talk and venting. In this instance a simple email to the people in charge would do, and I know that if I wanted to get my point across an email or personal message would be more affective than blasting them to all of our closest friends and family. 

So I am now reaching out to you guys, because we are all masters of freedom of speech. Why do people so publicly announce their problems and grievances on social networking now? Do you think it is appropriate to post this stuff? Or are you for first amendment, they can say what they want? Would you post something like this on Facebook? 

Thanks for letting me rant. 
 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Because they are looking for the pitty party. They want people to feel sorry for them because they were wronged or so they felt they were.

    ReplyDelete