Waffle Day! | Kylea & Company: Waffle Day!
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Waffle Day!



My office is one of those offices that does super fun and cool events. Why? Well because there are a bunch of super cool, super fun girls that plan, prepare, and poor our hearts into a single committee to make it fun. These work events are to create a happy and people oriented culture in the office. And sometimes, well we out do ourselves. 

This past Friday, we had a Waffle Day among all of the offices. In Phoenix there were two of us that hosted the event. Obviously I was one of the two. We literally planned the event all month; deciding the flavor of waffles, the toppings, and the decorations. We split up the grocery lists and took a flavor of waffle to prep for the event. We knew that the office loved free food but we underestimated how much. 

I took Chocolate Waffles; and you can imagine how excited I was to make chocolate waffles. (Pretty darn excited!)  So I planned it out found all of the measurements and recipes that I needed. Weeellllll one thing you should know is that I either buy too much of one item or not enough. In this case, I did not buy enough buttermilk. So after 3 trips to the grocery store, I finally had all of my batter mix pre-made.


(This is what 6 batches of chocolate waffles looks like) 

This was one of our most successful events to date. We even had guests in the office that joined in on the fun and had a waffle. Myself and the other committee member only ended up making one batch of waffles a piece, but everyone was still in love with what we had done. 


We were able to find the craft paper table cloth idea on Pinterest and the quote about waffles on there as well. Gotta love Pinterest! We had every topping that one could ever desire, including brown bourbon peaches. AND we made sure that the place was decked out in decor (complete with a picture of Donkey).

Tomorrow is hobby day, which of course means that I am scrapbooking and blogging while at work! But thankfully that is all I have to do this time around.

Does your work place hold cool events like this? Do you think it helps support culture in the work place?


 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I wish my job did stuff like that. It sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete