238 | Kylea & Company: 238
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Friday, May 16, 2014

238



Guys...
There are only 238 days left until Blogcation!!! So with that I am preparing to figure out what the heck I have to spend for this excursion. I have been patiently waiting for airlines to post the dates so that I can get a rough budget of what it is going to cost me, but no such luck yet.

--So we all know that the full amount due for Blogcation is $475 per person (in my group) is due by 10/17/2014. That is 155 days. So take a day away to make sure it is in on time, and I need to save $3.25 a day (I round up). Say good by to Starbucks.

--I already have my conference ticket! So no need to freak on that!

--Now, I am going to assume that I need at least  $250 for a vacation wardrobe. Correct? Because my Pinterest board says that I need to. So it is only logical to separate out that expense.

--I need my passport, so that is roughly $165. Again rounding up for pictures and application costs.

--Then I need a flight. This is the fun one... that is going to be at least $450. Maybe a bit cheaper, but with  luggage and such, I might be short .

--Now I am an over achiever and I like to spend money on vacation, so I will need at least an additional $1250 available for misc items/ booze.

So if you have kept up:
Cruise= $475
Clothes= $250
Passport= $165
Flight= $450
Fun Money= $1250
Total= $2590

As of right now I have a dedicated $300 saved. So subtract $300 from $2590 and that is  $2290. Now I don't want to totally kill myself by trying to achieve the entire amount by October, because I live in Arizona and the typical electric bill for summer is $250 a month. So I have decided to take the total amount to Christmas. What a hell of a present right? So that means I have to save roughly $15 per day, $105 a week, or for those who like to look at the whole month $420 a month.

Man... that is a lot of dinero...I try to use mint as much as possible to keep myself on track, but after this last week I am very scared.

How are you budgeting for Blogcation?? Anyone have any tips to go on a spending freeze??


 photo Untitledjpg_zps0ea56517.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your savings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started freaking out about costs yet, but I'm sure I will when I get back from Europe. Luckily, I at least bought my conference ticket and already have my passport!

    ReplyDelete