Birthday Realities. | Kylea & Company: Birthday Realities.
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Birthday Realities.

If you follow me on twitter you were witnessed to the chaos that is now known as Denver hell. If you do not then prepare yourself. 

Friday, I woke up with two hours of sleep excited to be able to see my mom for my birthday. I was packed, having borrowed a larger suitcase I knew I would be checking. I had my nips, my cell charger, and the hefty little iPad 1; I was ready. As I got to work my attitude represented that of Tigger, because 

I was almost literally bouncing off of the walls. I arrived at the airport early, got checked in and proceeded to  start drinking. In hindsight I realize that I shouldn't have stopped drinking.

Boarding the plane went smoothly. Although I was in a middle seat. We took off, and within 30 minutes I was dozing in and out. But as we got closer to Denver, some of us noticed that it was taking slightly longer to land than normal but we pushed it off. About ten minutes after we were supposed to land, the pilot comes on and says that there were microburst winds, and although they had circled the area they could not safely land the plane, and were instead landing at Colorado Springs until we could safely land in Denver. Fine, not a problem. 

An hour later, all of the people surrounding me realized that they had missed their connecting flights, although according to the flight attendants, they couldn't have landed either. WRONG! 

My connecting flight to Dallas was already half way there. So there we sat, close if not over 100 pissed off people. For 3 hours... on a plane.... About 30 minutes after I realized i had missed my connection,  I went to Twitter to voice my annoyance. 

And what happened next? Frontier actually responded and re-booked my flight! (WIN!) So while everyone else was freaking out, I was ok.


Until I was on the tarmac for more than 2 hours and my phone (the little trooper it is) was then telling me that I had 20% left. 

I had originally thought that I could be a rockstar and tough it out in the airport. But after being stuck on a plane for 3 hours and learning that I had to stay down by baggage for the night I determined that my rock star status would have to wait. But they wanted me to wait through a line to rebook and get confirmation. But since I had already been rebooked by Frontier, I sent a DM through twitter and TA DA! Confirmation was emailed to me. So I had a friend make a few calls and BAM was in a hotel prior to 11pm.


Come Birthday morning, I had had little to no sleep, yet I was on my way back to the airport at 5:30 am. I checked in, found out that my wheel to the suitcase had completely broken off (FML), and managed to get breakfast.  
It consisted of an Ice Mint Mocha with Bailey's and a sausage egg mcmuffin (not pictured). 
But here I am, finally in Dallas and working hard at hardly working. A twenty five year old... man I think I am considered an adult now. That's not cool.  But I guess the overall story to this blog post, other than to let you guys know of my shitty day, is to say that if you have a problem with a company tweet about it. Social media and image means a lot to companies now a days, and there is always someone monitoring it. Unlike the customer service lines, and really snippy attendants. 
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God I am so sorry girl. I hope the trip home goes way better! Enjoy your time in Dallas & happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stinks that happened to you, but what a way to earn brownie points with the social media!! I remember being tweeted during the Target card debacle and feeling reassured! Ice Mint Mocha sounds pretty good right about now!

    ReplyDelete