5 Things: Ornament Edition | Kylea & Company: 5 Things: Ornament Edition
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Thursday, December 19, 2013

5 Things: Ornament Edition

Well Folks my tree has officially gone up this year! Last year was my first without my mom so I decided to skip the Christmas Festivities. But this year I am back in full force!

Now 2 things you should know about my tree. One it is artificial, because my nick name is plant killa.


Two it has been known to kill a breaker or two because my mom's ideal tree is FILLED will lights. It has already shut my tiny place down twice now. I am pretty sure that there are at least 9 strands of lights on this 6 foot tree. Think Griswald style....


My Tree:

Ok this picture does not do it full justice. I cannot turn the tree and TV on at the same time or else a breaker goes. There is an extension cord down the back portion, and I have since fluffed and repositioned ornaments. There are SO MANY lights on the tree. 





Now my decorating has no rhyme or reason to it. I just put on my ornaments and call it a day. Here are the ornaments of my year.

1) My most prized Ornament: Is this lovely precious moments ornament. It was given to my mom by my grandma Margo, who passed away when I was really young. My mom passed it down to me, and I will pass it on to my children. When and If I have them.



2) The wackiest ornament: Flamingo's... My mom received a bunch of flamingo ornaments two years ago. The picture speaks for itself.


3) The Plain Jane: My tree has several of these ornaments on it. So pretty yet so plain.



4) My 2013 Ornament: Now this is not an ornament I bought this year. But one that I put on my tree in remembrance. This one is in honor of it's maker, Valerie, who started my obsession with floral arrangements and was a family friend for many years. She passed away this year from Breast Cancer, so this one is for her.


5) The Tree topper: I do not have one. The top of the tree is only 2 inches away from my ceiling leaving no room.



What is your most prized Ornament?


1 comment:

  1. Hey, in my defense the tree came pre-lite. So I can not take responsibility for how many strands of lights are on it...... But it does look beautiful...

    ReplyDelete