One week... | Kylea & Company: One week...
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

One week...

So it has been one week since I said goodbye to my best friend. And to be honest, life is not the same without him. I keep trying to move past and avoid my feelings with all of it. But as I clean up and put my life into order I come across things that remind me of him, and my heart goes numb. Like his food bowl that he has had for over 4 years, his collar, his leash, pillows and beds.

The thing that worries me the most is how Ghillie is reacting to it. Ghillie has a separation anxiety that is dangerous for my house. So instead of keeping him home, I take him over to my grandparents while I am at work so that he isn't alone. But apparently he still is looking for Flash. I try and be a good mom and explain where Flash went, but there is only so much that I can ask Ghillie to understand.

I am not ready to get Ghillie a new companion yet, but I know that in order to stay sane I am going to have to. At the same time I feel like I am doing some form of dishonor to Flash by getting another dog so soon.

How does one make these choices?


No comments:

Post a Comment