The Santa Story | Kylea & Company: The Santa Story
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Santa Story


So yesterday in my 5 Things post, I mentioned that in my Family you must believe in Santa Claus. Well most people I tell that look at me like I am a crazy woman because I am 24 and I still believe in Santa. THE MADNESS!!! So I thought I would give you the low down on my quirky family tradition. 

My older brother Matt is 4 years older than me, and when he was a kid. Well lets just say that he should have gotten tons of coal and Reindeer poop for Christmas. My brother at the ripe old age of 6 (or 7) knew the truth about jolly Old Saint Nick... THAT HE IS AWESOME! (Sorry trying to keep my cover.) And he had this wicked thought, because he heart was three times too small, that he was going to blow Santa's cover for once and for all.


 
Well my mom found out about this wicked scheme of his and did something only moms could do. She threatened Christmas. No Toys, No candy, No tree, and No fun if my brother dared to tell the young. "If you tell your sister or brother, then you will only get socks and underwear from your mother." she said with in the most strict way possible. 

Now when you are a kid, the last thing you want is socks and underwear for Christmas. How would you explain that to your friends at school?! So he kept the most crucial secret of all. 

To this day we still keep up the act, even though we are all grown. Santa still lives in our lives, and although we cannot keep any cookies or food out for him and his reindeer, we know he knows where Grandma A's cookie platter is. Those cookies never survive the night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment