A cruel realization.... | Kylea & Company: A cruel realization....
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

A cruel realization....

You never realize the weight that you gain, until you look at old pictures. You see a portion of time where you were healthy, your clothes were fabulous, and you looked fine as hell in a bikini. Well this week I went through that tough realization, and the realization that I do nothing but sit ALL DAY. 

The worst part is that I allowed it to happen. I kept eating crap but stopped working out. And by working out I mean golfing.Golfing gave me a killer tan and I never used a cart, so you burn a lot of calories carrying a 50lbs golf bag. And I mentioned the killer tan right? My weight still stayed pretty low while I was working retail, because lets face it if you are a team lead in any retail environment, you better get used to running.
 Senior Year 

While in retail (My brothers Matt and Michael) 























































As soon as I started my office job though, I became sedentary, only working out when I went with my mom. When I did try to loose weight by exercising I wasn't loosing, I was gaining! And not your typical amount of muscle weight, but just more weight and more inches. Later on I worked with my chiropractors to start a program called Ideal Protein. It worked! The down fall was spending $180 plus for food soon became way too much for my little broke self though, and I had to stop. At that point I was 12 pounds lighter and had lost over 19 inches all together. I felt better, happier, and I had to buy a whole new wardrobe! 

Now I am back to what I was before Ideal Protein, plus some. The gain never hits you until you see the photos though. So when you go to do a Throwback thursday type of post and see 105 pound you and even 135 pound you, suddenly the pictures of 165 pound you becomes shameful. I am a scrapbooker! I can't just throw away those pictures, but I can change the person in them. 

Me now, looking like I am about 8 months pregnant and I am not. (please keep in mind this is my I have had 6 Lime-a-ritas, and cannot walk straight look.)
I read through Rachael's post, taking in how she had made her original statement and remembering that I was one of the commentaries. The funny part is that I made the same self declaration, I was going to change right then. I changed a few things, trying to cut out coffee and drink more water. But then I went back to my normal ways. 

So I devised a plan, one that would surely cost me more money than I should spend, but a plan none the less. Yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought $115 dollars of organic, healthy food. None of it is processed, well the almond milk is, so one piece of it is processed. I got home, opened the fridge, freezer, and cupboards and threw it all away! (My Despicable Me Minion graham cracker cookies were saved.) I threw away any grains, processed sugar, leftover Chinese, and any condiments that had nothing but chemicals I cannot pronounce. It is literally in the trash, along with the chocolate, and cookies at my office. 

I am going to try to be as clean as possible for the remainder of the week, only cheating at lunch time when I have to. Next week it will be nothing but clean eating. I bought paleo books, a smoothie maker, and a scale from amazon. Once I get my calorie intake right, I will start with the exercising. You need to be taking in the nutrition so that your body can replenish the good, and excrete the bad. Until my body is used to this change, I will take it easy on the high impact physical activity. 

I am prepared to fail at some things. 
I understand that I will not be prepared to work out. 
I know that it will take some serious self will to make these changes. 
I have hope, that I will succeed. 
I have motivation, called Blogcation

Are you going to eat cleaner? Are you going to link up and encourage others? 

Tales Of A Twenty Something
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment