Ghillie goes to Daycare: Pets are people too. | Kylea & Company: Ghillie goes to Daycare: Pets are people too.
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ghillie goes to Daycare: Pets are people too.

Our four legged fur children are humans, because lets face it most of our world revolves around them. Jade & Oak think so as well. So head over to their link up and tell us how your pets are people. 
Jade and Oak
How is Ghillie a person? Well Ghillie is a very certain kind of special. He has a severe case of separation anxiety and claustrophobia. Yes claustrophobia! He has destroyed 2 kennels ripping his way out, got stuck while trying to escape (leaving me to cut his ass out), and destroyed one bathroom door. His separation anxiety is bad enough that I cannot leave him home alone. He will literally destroy blinds, trash cans, and doors. Not to mention my back yard will become the spitting image of the desert view from the movie Holes. 
You know, the movie back when Shia LeBeauf was just a cute nerd, and not a semi gorgeous stud muffin that pisses people off.
Yea those holes would be in my back yard. So how do I prevent this? Well Ghillie goes to doggy daycare every day. Yup daycare. Granted it is not one of those fancy resorts, but it is over at grandpa's house. And there are no words to explain how much my dog loves my grandpa. 
So our normal day consists of me getting up at the ass crack of dawn 5am and getting ready. I get my food put together and get Ghillies in his bowl, which gives him the sign of it's time to get up. He gets up and prances around the house. It is a new day after all! I put his harness on and by 6:30a we are walking down the road and to grandpas house we go.
 
He has his own bed and blanket over there, so often tuck him in, and or I find him like this. He will also share it with his little friends Pat and Buster.  
 
And then I get the look of, "mom do we have to go home?" look. Everytime folks. My sweet little monster just does not want to go home.   
 
And when we do stay for dinner you can find Ghillie under the kitchen table. Waiting for his humans to give him some. Because my grandparents are suckers and will feed that dog anything and everything. Even the stuff that clearly gives him gas.
 
I get home from work around 5pm and we head home or sometimes stay an extra hour for dinner. Either way this guy is a happy doggy when he gets home. It's almost like he is getting a chance to recharge for the next day. Plus what pup doesn't like going for a walk?
 I love my fur pup to no end, and his goofy personality is why everyday in my life stays interesting.
post signature

4 comments:

  1. totally loved this! I have two small pups and my youngest has really bad separation anxiety, and we think it stems from him being abandoned when he was small and because he may have been weaned from his mom too early because he does this suckling thing with his toys.. its so sweet but sad at the same time but he's getting better at being home for a few hours with his brother :)

    www.dianamechelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure what Ghillie's is from, he gets along with other dogs but still has the same problem when a human leaves him home by himself. He is a rescue, so his last family may have just left him. So glad your little guy is getting better, having a brother does help them a lot.

      Delete
  2. Found you through the linkup- your dog is just SO ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't tell him that though, it goes to his head. :)

      Delete