Poisened Apple | Kylea & Company: Poisened Apple
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Monday, March 17, 2014

Poisened Apple

Let me start by saying that I do truly love my apple products. I will always be an Apple girl. But I am sad to announce that Apple will no longer be my choice for tablets. Instead I have converted over to a  Windows tablet.
 
(Insert dramatic gasps here)
 
I know that Windows is a 50/50 toss up, but honestly I love it! When I was contemplating the switch, the minion Bernard, gave me a few different devices to use, all of which he has since upgraded. I had my apple iPad, a Google Nexus, and the Leveno Ideatab.
 
Apple iPad: I would like to first note that My iPad is the first generation. Meaning it is the dinosaur version of the iPads, but you still get the general feel of the OS (operating system) and the apps that are available. I found it hard to find apps that could handle the items that I needed most for class and for blogging. I could save pictures but then I would need to do 15 different steps to add them to posts and or assignment drafts.  The iPad it was good for your basic web browsing, but when I needed to do something for work it always fought me. I ended up not touching my iPad for over a year, only using it for Netflix and perusing Pinterest. It became a glorified coaster. Plus since I did not win Halfway to Fearless's give away, I am forever traumatized! Just Kidding! I still love that girls blog and can't wait to meet her at Blogcation!
 
 
Google Nexus: Now I HATE, HATE, HATE, android. To me it is messy, totally not user friendly, and meant for people who want complications for their device. Now I was ok with dealing with the Nexus, because I had used it before. But the screen was much to small to blog with. Having to use the android OS only infuriated me more. I do love the size (although it is too small for most things) to read from and play Spotify with. The android tablets (and Phones) just do not work with Kylea.
 
Lenovo IdeaTab: The Lenovo IdeaTab may not be the best of the windows line of tablets, but it is a pretty little nifty gadget. And as my first Windows Tablet, it is doing an amazing job for everything I need to do. I have written 3 posts already from this tablet (including this one) and also submitted my homework  on the University forum. Oh yea, I also was able to save the document to the tablet not somewhere on a cloud drive. I love the start screen since you are able to customize the apps you want to see or use, but it is also streamlined like an iPad. If you want Twitter you don't have to go through dozens of apps like an android to find it;it is right there. Plus you have the capability of going to your desktop and pull any website up with out it being mobilized.
 
Like I mentioned before, my reason for switching was the fact that I could download documents, and save them to the tablet, making it easy for both school and work. Also, I love the flexibility that it has and the streamline capabilities. I am going to continue to use the Lenovo until it dies, or until  can buy the Surface!
 
 
 
Would you switch to a Windows Tablet such as the Surface? Why?   
 
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment