I is for: Imagination | Kylea & Company: I is for: Imagination
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Thursday, April 10, 2014

I is for: Imagination

The dictionary describes Imagination as "the ability to imagine things that are not real: the ability to form a picture in your mind of something that you have not seen or experiences." But how do we really define or capture imagination? 

Imagination can come from anywhere. When we were kids it started with playing cops and robbers, having that first grade wedding, and running outside to play. As we got older we found that imagination came from the books we read, the drawings or doodles found in our notebooks, and through daydreaming. 

But as adults how can we exercise our imagination? 

Read More: It sounds simple enough right? As young adults or adults, some of us manage to lose time for reading. It no longer becomes important to us after those mass amount of text books, and required reading for class. But now the time has come to stop making excuses about time and find a book you get sucked into. Even if it is a book you read years ago, make time to read. 

Disconnect: Shut down the technology once in a while! I feel like the mass expansion of technology is limiting us to things that we know or see. We are constantly connected to everyone and everything, that we have not time to just be. So take a day and disconnect, let your brain recover. 

Go out: Get out of your house, office and comfort zone! Did you ever catch yourself making up stories about a person you see on the street? That is using your imagination folks. Step out for some fresh air and do something different. 

Write: here is going to be my favorite part of the post. As bloggers, we write almost every day, if not every day. We write about our lives and our pets, but what about a short story? I admire Miranda from Miranda Writes, because she takes the time to write for writings sake on her blog. She hosts a linkup for Fiction Friday, a place were any blogger can link up their short story ideas. So I wanted to see if you guys would do one with me. 

Monday is the letter is the letter L. I will be hosting another link up for bloggers to show what their imagination can do. So if you want to link up, create a story including these three prompts: a lady bug, a lever, and a library. Post your short story, photo, video, or drawing; use what ever outlet you want. I will post mine along with the link up on Monday. 
________________________________________________________________
Drink of the day:
One of my personal favorites! 
The Lynchburg Lemonade
Cite
______________________________________________________________
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I love this one! I feel like I do a few of the things you mentioned. I definitely read all the time. I need to start getting away from technology more though! When I worked at camp, I had no phone service and terrible WiFi for two months, and it was kind of amazing. And writing - that's so write that we write about our lives all the time, but I hardly ever write for creativity. Definitely need to start doing that more!

    ReplyDelete