Y is for: Year | Kylea & Company: Y is for: Year
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Y is for: Year

That title is a little vague huh? Well let me clarify it for you. On Saturday I will officially be 25. I have no problem with sharing my age with you guys, because I feel like saying 20 something, does not clearly define what I am like in real life. I was also probably the worst 21 and 22 year old on the planet as I did not drink, but on rare occasion. Ages 23 and 24 were totally different because I decided the hell with it. I had the 26 by 26, But I decided to take it out because I found that I was not actually keeping track of what I was doing. And what is the point if I am not going to dedicate myself to it? 
So I decided that I am going to make 5 goals for this year. None that need to physically counted but ones that are meaningful. 

1.) Disconnect Every Sunday. This means no phone, tv, internet, or anything of the sorts. I get so wrapped up on the weekdays and it follows me into the weekends, that I need to make time to just disconnect. I need to schedule posts and twitter updates, but I don't need to be on my phone or computer all of the time. 
2.) Take more pictures! I have found myself slacking on the picture department, especially ones that are not on my phone or Instagram. I need to take more pictures with my dslr, and have more taken of me. 
3.) Read More. I think I put this on every goal list that I have. But I truly do want to read more. A lot more. 

4.) Be a better blogger. And by that I mean comment more and respond back to comments left by others.  I always do a spotty job of it and I want to do better at it. 

5.)Figure out what I am doing with School. I think this is my main goal right now. I don't want to learn how to manage a business. I already know how to do so through everything I do at work already. I want to get away from the work that I do already and be more creative in life. 

What would be your 5 goals? 
post signature

5 comments:

  1. I think those are all awesome goals to achieve this next year! I want to do all of them too, except the last one since I'm not in school anymore. I've been lacking on pictures too. You'd think we'd be better at it since we're bloggers and all, but no. I'm lazy. Disconnecting once a week sounds so hard, but amazing too. I really like that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy almost birthday! Great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a problem with your Disconnect on Sunday goal... That means no Netflix, HGTV, ABC Family, Lifetime Movie marathons.. Those were such great disconnect from the world days, vegging on the couch/bed and doing nothing but watching movie after movie after movie until the other members of the house came home or it was dark and bed time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your thought of living a more creative life. I'm with you on that! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete