L & M stands for : A loser with a Margarita. | Kylea & Company: L & M stands for : A loser with a Margarita.
 photo Header_zps12bc1577.png

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

L & M stands for : A loser with a Margarita.

So you know how I told you that I was going to do a link up with L? Apparently I wanted to lie to y'all because I am a loser, who didn't prep for the week. LIKE, AT ALL! So here I am today, looking like said loser because I completely skipped yesterday. 
I thought this A-Z  challenge would be an awesome way to just write everyday. Yeah, not so much. I am the biggest procrastinator, and this is a tone of prep work! Plus I am running into a problem with the last few letters. 

So here are somethings that I am a loser for lately. 
1. blogging- see description above. 
2. Let's just cover all social media at this point, because everyone is posting Coachella shit and I am more than jealous. 
3. My day job. Ever have those days where you literally do not want to do anything? Let's call that the past two weeks for me. 
4. Cleaning my house. I cannot start doing this until Saturday when my temporary roommate gets the fuck out. I am so excited to have my house back again. Gals, I am dancing at my desk. 
5. Cursing. I have caught myself swearing like a sailor lately. I apologize for the amount of profanity I use (but not for using it). 
6. Not getting new glasses. Because I am a retard and will not take the sign of my lenses popping out as a clue that maybe I just need to buy a new pair. 
________________________________________________________________________


Now onto M.... MARGARITAAAASSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! 
(it was necessary) 

If you didn't know, Mexican food is probably the one thing in this world I could not live without. That might be a tad over-exaggerated, but it's true. And what is better than a Margarita to go with those red beef tamales, chips, and salsa? NOTHING, thats what! So as I was walking through Costco ( AKA crack worse than Target) I happen to stumble upon the Kirkland's pre-made margaritas. I bought it, and my only fault was not finding the salt to rim my glass with. And as I walked out of Costco, with my oversize churro in hand I could not wait to open up that bottle and have a nice cold drink while watching Game of Thrones. 

I day dreamed about it the entire ride home. I could taste the lime, and my mouth was watering! I was so excited to drink it that I didn't even think to take a picture! And it was a little slice of tequila heaven! 

Now I am an on the rocks type of girl, because no drink should cause pain (brain freeezes) before consumed.So here are a couple of margatita recipes, to drink on the rocks! 

3 cups pineapple juice
1 3/4 cup orange juice
2 oz fresh lime juice
1 cup triple sec
1 cup tequila
ice
salt for rim of glass
fresh pineapple and lime slices for garnish


Blood Orange Margarita: 
1 1/2 ounces tequila (silver or gold, based on your preference)
1 ounce grand mariner
1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
1 ounce fresh lime juice
1 1/2 ounces blood orange juice (about 1-2 oranges)
salt for the rim, lime/orange wedges for garnish

recipe for one margarita 
2 ounces Grand Marnier
1 1/2 ounces Tequila
2 ounces lime juice
2 1/2 ounces strawberry simple syrup [recipe below]
lime + fresh strawberries for garnish
salt + sugar for the rim

post signature

3 comments:

  1. If you don't have #6 aka new glasses by time you come visit in 2 1/2 weeks, I will be making you go to Lens Crafters while you are here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love margaritas! I can't wait to sip them together in Cozumel with you! I don't like Tex-Mex, but I like real Mexican food in Mexico, so we can enjoy that together too. That blood orange margarita sound divine! And duh - yum to the strawberry one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an on the rocks kind of girl too and I love Mexican food - hello!? Chips and salsa!!

    ReplyDelete